Journey Inn, an eco-retreat was designed with an environmental, healthy-home focus. We continue to run our business with the health of the environment and people in mind.
• Passive solar siting & design • In-floor hydronic heating
• Under-floor hydronic space & hot water heating, supplied by 24 solar hot water collectors –(designed and built by Innovative Power Systems)
• Concrete floors throughout for heat retention (naturally stained)
• Wood building materials from managed forests (some FSC certified)
• No or low voc latex paints, varnishes, adhesives, sealers (ICI Dulux Lifemaster, Safecoat, TimberPro, Tried & True and others)
• Natural Bioshield clay paint (from Green Building Supply)
• American Clay earthen plasters • Homemade earthen plasters
• Formaldehyde-free fiberglass insulation (Johns-Manville)
• Energy Star appliances • Ceiling fans for cooling, energy star
• High efficiency windows (Energy Star rated – Kolbe/Kolbe)
• Air exchange system for clean indoor air quality (winter use)
• Natural beds – pure grow wool, organic cotton, and natural latex
• Homemade, non-toxic cleaning products
• Natural soaps & shampoo, organic & local when possible
• Organic sheets & towels, wool pillows
• Local organic produce & other organic, whole food served
• Native landscaping & prairie restoration
• Composting • Recycled paper products
Come to enjoy these features and more:
Lake Pepin area:
Located 3 miles from the Great River Road on the Mississippi River at Lake Pepin, Journey Inn is one hour from St Paul, Minnesota. It is nestled in a “coulee”, a small valley with a spring-fed creek, situated across the street from the Morgan Coulee State Natural Area. Sixty-six acres of land provide guests with hiking trails, snowshoeing, a seven-circuit labyrinth for meditative walking and a two-acre prairie restoration.
We look forward to your visit for an overnight, weekend/week long stays or day spa retreat.
Charlene Torchia & John Huffaker, Proprietors
Journey Inn, an eco-retreat is a new-concept holistic Bed & Breakfast. It incorporates features of a get-away, a learning center, a retreat, and a natural spa. Built with earth-friendly products and healthy building features, the Inn uses natural & organic: bedding, cleaning products, ammenities and delicious whole food.
During your stay enjoy biking, hiking, snowshoeing, sightseeing, birding, or resting in a creek-side hammock. Receive one of our services: a massage, life coaching session or take a life-enhancing workshop, such as The Artist’s Way, Couples Massage, Women’s Spa Weekends, Yoga and Meditation Classes.
All Rights Reserved. © 2007 Journey Inn, an eco inn, bed and breakfast serving Minneapolis, St. Paul, Minnesota and Wisconson.